WME engineered a fast-track shell and core business park development for Emaar’s Dubai Hills project in the UAE.
The design and build contract was executed by Sharpoorji Contracting, and delivers 26,000 sq m of Grade-A office space in four buildings.
We worked with RSP Architects to realise the construction timeframe and provide maximum flexibility for tenancies. The flat slab construction system includes ‘soft spots’ for future openings. The office buildings are seven-storey plus ground level, with parking provided in a fifth building over six floors. In all, the built area of the project is 150,000 sq m.
Storm water dispersal has proved a particular challenge, and we have developed an on-site strategy using underground tanks to store water for landscaping, as the plot has no network connection.
This project is one of the first in Dubai to comply with the new Al Sa’Fat building sustainability performance ratings.
Dubai Hills was designed for multiple tenants including Emaars new headquarters. The process was very diverse due to the requirements of both landlord & future tenant fit-outs. Key Factors for consideration:
- Zoning of cellular offices review
- Stakeholder meetings – Emaar etc
- Shading & U-value study – Al Sa’fat compliance
- Parking and access assessment – DDA & Emaar guideline compliance
- Vertical transport alignment for Grade A offices
- Review of OPEX and CAPEX
- IT & security future 5G review
- Workstragey review – open plan, hot desking, breakout spaces