SmartScore and WiredScore Accreditations
WME (part of Egis Group) has become one of the first SmartScore and WiredScore accredited consultancies in the UAE, with this new offering extending to our global offices. WiredScore sets the global standard for in-building connectivity, bringing much needed clarity to the market for both landlords and tenants. Our methods of measurement are fair, thorough, and independently verified.
WiredScore assesses, certifies and improves digital connectivity and smart technology in homes and offices on a global scale. Digital connectivity is vital to the way we live and work, which is why WiredScore’s mission is to make the world’s buildings smarter and better connected, to enable a more collaborative, innovative and dynamic future.
Read more: https://wiredscore.com/
WME, with SmartScore and WiredScore Accreditation, is setting the global standard for technology in the built world. The accreditations will allow our newly Accredited Professionals (APs) to add demonstrable value towards our clients’ developments, helping them to meet today’s modern connectivity needs in built environments.
”As one of the first consulting firms to become SmartScore and WiredScore accredited in the region, we’re excited to offer our clients a new perspective on the global standard of digital connectivity, helping them improve smart technology in homes and offices; both occupied and in development. Digital connectivity has become vital to the way we live and work. As our digital needs evolve, so too should the physical spaces we operate within, ensuring higher levels of efficiency and seamlessness between the digital and physical world. At WME, part of Egis Group, we are strongly aligned with WiredScore’s mission to make the world’s buildings smarter and better connected, to enable a more collaborative, innovative and dynamic future.”Kareem RuhiDirector - AV/IT & Security Solutions
How WiredScore Inputs in to WME’s ESGR Strategy:
Environmental | How energy efficient are buildings and what are their emissions.
- Ensures buildings have the digital technology and connectivity to monitor, measure, report on, and deploy automation to improve environmental metrics (energy, water, emissions, renewables).
- Ensures buildings have the right infrastructure and capacity from the start to minimise retrofittingdown the line and reducing carbon footprint of the building over time.
- Rewards buildings that use technology to run more efficiently and ensure equipment lasts longer (reduction in scope 1 and 2 emissions).
Social | How buildings impact wellbeing & wider society.
- Support digital inclusion by rewarding buildings that provide free Wi-Fi and Mobile Signal to create space that communities can use to work and collaborate.
- Ensures buildings have the right digital connectivity required to deliver essential user benefits and experience.
- Rewards buildings that prioritise wellness and healthy environment with air quality, noise and daylight levels measurement, reporting and optimisation.
- Rewards buildings that use technology to create safe space with dynamic cleaning scheduling and building utilization.
Governance | The diversity, culture, and reputation at the property owner, occupier and management company level.
- Prevent internet monopoly and unfair terms in a market by rewarding buildings that offer multiple providers available in a building.
- Bring transparency to all users of the buildings, from investors to occupiers, through a third-party assessment.
- Rewards buildings that share data and reports on multiple building metrics, ensuring transparency and accuracy to all stakeholders.
Resilience | Protecting your properties from physical risk and protecting your business from transition risk (economic, regulatory, reputational and other systematic risks)
- Improve climate-change resiliency of buildings with specific protection measures and added redundancy of the building’s critical digital infrastructure (flood protection, backup power, temperature controls, cabling diversity).
- Rewards buildings that have robust measures and policy to reduce the risk of cyber breaches.
- Rewards buildings that have user data policies in place, protecting civil liberties and increasing data privacy and protection.